“I’d rather be a hackney writer than a hackney coach driver.” – Purported to be from Henry Fielding
A feisty single mom clashes with an ex-military, macho corporate star at a business retreat in the wild Colorado mountains, where only one can win a huge prize. But when a massive flood imperils their love and survival, they learn the meaning of true partnership.
Watch out for falling rock! A mountain town and its rugged mayor captivate a woman in search of a new life and love.
Can a ditzy soccer mom with a young son, whose kindness often attracts the wrong type, be heart-strong enough to admit her love to right guy?
Set in the early 1970s, Irish Episode immerses an American woman in the life and times of a struggling Irish musician.
Can a discarded wife find confidence, success and even a new love? A patron saint might help.
To sample, click below:
- “King of the Class,” essay, anthology/contest Our Past Loves, December 2014, free online.
- “The Prophet,” short story, April 2013, Infective INk, free online.
- “Hot Tubbing” is my finalist entry in the publication of Best New Writing Anthology 2013. Available through online book sellers and book stores.
- “Mr Kane’s Halo,” short story, received an honorable mention in Best Short Stories From The Saturday Evening Post Great American Fiction Contest 2013. Available online in electronic and paperback editions.
- “A Solo in Two-Part Harmony,” short story, 12/20/12, Downstate Story. Free download.
- “The Desk,” Short Story America, 8/3/12. Now available as part of their collection, Short Story America, Volume Two.
- “We Were All Going to Be Writers,” poem published by Pilgrimage, spring 2012, online, my site.
- “The Wild Kids,” Metro Fiction, April 23, 2012, free online.
- “An Afternoon at the Louvre,” short story, Infective INK, 2/17/12, free online.
- “Neighborhood Pig,” second place winner in the National Tom Howard short story contest 2012. Free online.
- “The Singer,” short story, second place winner, Calliope, 18th anthology, second place winner, 12/11. Short story. Purchase anthology at Amazon.
- “Corazón de Mi Vida, St. Teresa” [Heart of My Heart, St. Teresa], On the Premises, short storyfirst place winner, 11/09. Free online.
- “The Simple Pleasures of Walking,” Christian Science Monitor, 3/6/09. Essay, free online.
- “The Significance of Stories,” Sasee, 11/08. Essay, free online.