“I’d rather be a hackney writer than a hackney coach driver.” – Purported to be from Henry Fielding
To sample, click below:
- “The Force that Drives,” Penny Engine, 2/20/16
- “King of the Class,” essay, anthology/contest Our Past Loves, December 2014, free online.
- “The Prophet,” short story, April 2013, Infective INk, free online.
- “Hot Tubbing” is my finalist entry in the publication of Best New Writing Anthology 2013. Available through online book sellers and book stores.
- “Mr Kane’s Halo,” short story, received an honorable mention in Best Short Stories From The Saturday Evening Post Great American Fiction Contest 2013. Available online in electronic and paperback editions.
- “A Solo in Two-Part Harmony,” short story, 12/20/12, Downstate Story. Free download.
- “The Desk,” Short Story America, 8/3/12. Now available as part of their collection, Short Story America, Volume Two.
- “We Were All Going to Be Writers,” poem published by Pilgrimage, spring 2012, online, my site.
- “The Wild Kids,” Metro Fiction, April 23, 2012, free online.
- “An Afternoon at the Louvre,” short story, Infective INK, 2/17/12, free online.
- “Neighborhood Pig,” second place winner in the National Tom Howard short story contest 2012. Free online.
- “Curtis, Alone and Aging,” “The Desk,” and “The Incident at Mister Burger,” three short stories, all on Alfie Dog, 2012. Revolutionizing the publication of short stories for the internet age, online publisher Alfie Dog Limited has brought together quality stories from current writers across the globe. Download for electronic readers or to print yourself. A small fee is charged for each story.
- “The Singer,” short story, second place winner, Calliope, 18th anthology, second place winner, 12/11. Short story. Purchase anthology at Amazon.
- “Corazón de Mi Vida, St. Teresa” [Heart of My Heart, St. Teresa], On the Premises, short storyfirst place winner, 11/09. Free online.
- “The Simple Pleasures of Walking,” Christian Science Monitor, 3/6/09. Essay, free online.
- “The Significance of Stories,” Sasee, 11/08. Essay, free online.