“The sun will not rise or set without my notice and my thanks.” – artist Winslow Homer
- PODCAST “The Passion for Writing”: Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers interviewer Mark Stevens talks with me at “The Passion for Writing,” how I’ve developed my writing and what I get back from it The half-hour show is free on the website https://rmfworg.libsyn.com/bonnie-mccune-the-passion-for-writing My passion for writing began in childhood and led to my career in nonprofits focusing on public and community relations and marketing, but now concentrates on fiction.
- Writers’ Workshop at Castle Rock Writers. I presented in July 2019 on “Out-of-Date Stereotypes in Character Development,” sponsored by the Castle Rock Writers. Contemporary writing often continues to be dogged by out-of-date stereotypes, but there are methods to enliven writing.
- Never Retreat book launch, Barnes & Noble, May 2018
- Denver Woman’s Press Club salon, “What’s Love Got to Do With It?” November 2016, with authors Meg Benjamin and Jean Jacobsen.
- Amazon author profile
Photos from interview Between the Pages, KFRC F.M, October 2016
- Photos from “An Evening of Mystery, Humor & Romance: Paths to Publication.” Reading, signing and four-author panel discussion at Denver Woman’s Press Club, June 2012.
Organizations, Resources, Fun
- 3 Quarks Daily: a compilation of interesting items from around the web each day, in the areas of science, design, literature, current affairs, art, politics, philosophy, and anything deemed inherently fascinating, including a daily poem. For example, recently, The Opioid And Trump Addictions: Symptoms Of The Same Malaise. Just to keep your mind moving. They do appreciate a donation.
- Amnesty International: A global movement of more than 3 million supporters, members and activists in more than 150 countries and territories who campaign to end grave abuses of human rights.
- Denver Woman’s Press Club: A membership and service organization that has been a support for me for years.
- Duotrope: An award-winning writers’ resource listing fiction and poetry publications.
- Project Gutenberg: Loads (more than 36,000) of public domain books to download electronically. Look for an old favorite here.
- Reach Out and Read: A children’s literacy organization that operates through pediatric offices and visits.
- Save the Children: The leading independent organization helping needy children in the US and around the world, much of it through personal sponsorships.
- Totally Bound Publishing: the flagship publishing house of Totally Entwined Group has been offering romance books from its inception. Numbering more than three hundred and fifty talented authors and a loyal reader base around the world, they release up to eight brand-new and totally irresistible books each week, and are growing at a fantastic pace. They are known for innovation, passion, publishing excellence and quality and offer the best stimulation for the imagination.