“The sun will not rise or set without my notice and my thanks.” – artist Winslow Homer
- Amazon author profile
- Photos from “An Evening of Mystery, Humor & Romance: Paths to Publication.” Reading, signing and four-author panel discussion at Denver Woman’s Press Club, June 2012.
- Mary Lou Ball: A fellow author published by Prism Book Group, her Escape to Big Fork Lake is available Spring 2012. Will an inheritance bring new happiness or a trap for murder?
- Terri Crews: A fellow author published by Prism Book Group, her Sarah’s Bounty is available Spring 2012. This historical pits a bounty hunter against a soon-to-be willing kidnap victim.
- Kim McMahill: A fellow author published by Prism Book Group, she explores the gamut of adventure through actual experiences and stories of survival conjured from her imagination. Marked in Mexico is her newest.
- Josie Riviera: A fellow author published by Prism Book Group, her Seeking Patience, an inspirational Regency romance coming out in summer/fall 2012, has received awards in numerous RMA contests.
- Lynette Sofras: A fellow author published by Prism Book Group, her book The Apple Tree is a top seller in electronic romances in the UK. Escaping from your past is never easy, as young doctor Juliet discovers when she tries to start afresh, leaving both her marriage and her career behind.
- “Supporting Authors One Read At ATime Magazine,” a free online monthly publication that features author interviews, notices, and articles, as well as a free book.
- Suzanne Young: Mystery writer Suzanne Young pens cozies about Edna Davies, a lady of a certain age, as amateur detective who solves crimes with native wit and courage.
Some of my favorite organizations and resources:
- Amnesty International: A global movement of more than 3 million supporters, members and activists in more than 150 countries and territories who campaign to end grave abuses of human rights.
- Denver Woman’s Press Club: A membership and service organization that has been a support for me for years.
- Duotrope: An award-winning, free writers’ resource listing fiction and poetry publications.
- Project Gutenberg: Loads (more than 36,000) of public domain books to download electronically. Look for an old favorite here.
- Reach Out and Read: A children’s literacy organization that operates through pediatric offices and visits.
- Save the Children: The leading independent organization helping needy children in the US and around the world, much of it through personal sponsorships.